Aware

Status
Not open for further replies.
First and foremost, we do have to think of our brothers out there who are struggling....it is definitely hard times, and much harder times for some.

Not only is the copper theft hurting the people who are being stolen from, but some of the ones who are really desparate are getting severely injured or killed. A sad state of the times....

I certainly do not condon stealing/breaking the law, but I do understand and I am compassionate about the fact that a person has to feed his/her family. It is a natural instinct to do so, however some may do it.
I fear this winter may be a bad winter (I am not speaking of the weather) for a large number of people.
Keep your heads up high and do not loose the faith in yourself for all those who are struggling!!!

TxShocker

About 2 weeks ago we had our fence cut and they broke into about 8 of my trailers, weird part about it was all the locks were taken too. They got away with about $3000.00 worth of wire.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
First and foremost, we do have to think of our brothers out there who are struggling....it is definitely hard times, and much harder times for some.

Not only is the copper theft hurting the people who are being stolen from, but some of the ones who are really desparate are getting severely injured or killed. A sad state of the times....

I certainly do not condon stealing/breaking the law, but I do understand and I am compassionate about the fact that a person has to feed his/her family. It is a natural instinct to do so, however some may do it.
I fear this winter may be a bad winter (I am not speaking of the weather) for a large number of people.
Keep your heads up high and do not loose the faith in yourself for all those who are struggling!!!

I doubt any of these people are stealing to feed their families. There are plenty of legal options available for getting food if one is needy.

I have no sympathy for scum like this at all. Lock them up at hard labor.

I doubt any of these people are stealing to feed their families. There are plenty of legal options available for getting food if one is needy.

You may be correct in the fact there are other means, but ...

During these times those means are not always available to all.
As I mentioned, I do not condon the means, I am sympathetic towards their situation. I am not speaking of Thieves. Some people do not have the ability to think like others. These are trying times we are going through, and some sympathy is not a bad idea.

Again, we are all allowed our own feelings, and I do not begrudge you for yours.

I agree--most of it's for drugs. We have seen a lot of this type of theft. Catalytic converters were a target 18 months ago. Now we are seeing cars being broken into in parking lots & exterior spare tires being stolen. My job trailer was "checked out" by someone (saw tracks in nearby mud) but they left it as it's pretty well locked. People looking for handouts in the local parking lots is becoming widespread and a problem. Many people here carry guns so much of this activity is tempered so I wonder what might be.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Although we use copper in our industry, stories about the theft of copper, and suggestions for punishing or rehabilitating the thiefs, are not within the intended scope of this forum. I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.