sub panel on stair case

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetlag

I have seen post before on sub panel on the side of a stair case , not on the landing. I cant remember what the verdict was on that. I am running out of options as to where to place the subpanel . I thought I had a location in the air handler closet but I dont have but 34" clear in the front .

Jim W in Tampa

I have seen post before on sub panel on the side of a stair case , not on the landing. I cant remember what the verdict was on that. I am running out of options as to where to place the subpanel . I thought I had a location in the air handler closet but I dont have but 34" clear in the front .

you need 36 inches in front. see 110.26
As to stairs i see nothing to prohit it but sure don't like it much

jetlag

thanks rcarrol

thanks rcarrol

'08 NEC 240.24(F) Not Located over Steps.
You need at least 36" in front.

I believe it was allowed at one time but was changed . I have another location in a hall but will they allow on the 30" wide for 4" of that to be in a cased opening ? In other words I have a 26" wall beside a cased opening with no door.

rcarroll

I believe it was allowed at one time but was changed . I have another location in a hall but will they allow on the 30" wide for 4" of that to be in a cased opening ? In other words I have a 26" wall beside a cased opening with no door.
Correct. It's new for the '08 code.
I would be ok with the hall location.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.