First page of Google

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
I'm currently away from my home area. Just did a product search on my laptop while connected over wifi. When I go to the "Shopping results" page, right at the very top Google says my location... at least what it assumes my location to be via the information it gleans from the connection. In this instance it is perhaps a suburb or two off. When I'm at home, it puts me in Columbus, which is 100 miles away... :cool:

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
From reading several responses about being listed on the first page in your area, I wonder if there is some background identification going on to give you local results - like Google knowing who your ISP is by your address and returning localized results first??

That's why I said to do the same search on a different computer. Google will tailor it's results to each individual searcher based upon what has been clicked on in the past.

K8MHZ

Occupation
Electrician
I just checked google for my company and found that we're on the first page of google. I'm spending under $100/month through a local web advertising firm. That's all that I would spend, and I couldn't justify spending any more to move to the top of the page. 10 grand a month is ludicris, if you had money laying around and did this, the next year it will be more and seems to me some of the "Emperors new clothes" logic.

P.S. Not matter how many hits, how many people visit your site it doesn't equate to work.

Well, I just googled 'Rocklin California electric' and your site was no where to be found.

It appears your competition fared better:

Solarecity Electric
www.solarecity.com - (916) 624-0535 - More

Sacramento Electrical Contractor
www.electricalsacramento.com - (916) 862-4883 - 1 review

DLM Electric Inc
www.dlmelectric.com - (916) 435-1411 - More

Dan the Fan & Electrical Man
maps.google.com - (916) 624-8403 - More

Premier Energy Electrical Services
maps.google.com - (916) 630-1655 - More

Electric 2-U
maps.google.com - (916) 862-4883 - 1 review

1 Source Electric
www.1sourceelectric.net - (916) 770-7943 - 1 review

I have no doubt that your computer shows you on the first page. That's how Google works. It bases the search results on what is most relevant by looking at info stored on your computer.

K8MHZ

Occupation
Electrician
Its content. I google commercial electrician in my area today and I'm right there 1st page on Google, Yahoo, and Bing engines. Sometimes 2nd page but mostly first. I don't do any resi so I don't want the calls. Its knowing how you want to be found and gearing the content to match that and you have to keep up with it and change it around. I'm no expert but this is what I have found works.

Just curious, which one are you?

#
Tyner Electric Westford MA | Commercial Electrician Ma
Tyner Electric Co is a commercial electrician servicing the North Shore of Massachusetts and has been in the electrical contracting business for over 20 ...
tynerelectricalservice.com/ - Cached

#
Residential Electrician MA | Tyner Commercial Electrician Westford MA
Commercial, Industrial and Residential Electrical Company. ...
www.tynerelectricalservice.com/Electrical.../residential-services.html - Cached
Show more results from tynerelectricalservice.com
#
Andrew Collamore, AC Electrcic, Electrical contracotr for North ...
AC Electric provides quality work and dependable service ... service on the North Shore and outlaying areas for both residential and commercial properties. ...
andrewcollamoreelectric.com/ - Cached - Similar
#
Massachusetts Electrical
We service Greater Boston, North Shore, South Shore, Metro West, .... Description: INDUSTRIAL & COMMERCIAL HVAC REFRIGERATION ELECTRICAL & PLUMBING SERVICE ...
www.buildingtradesdir.com/.../massachusetts/Massachusetts_Electrical/massachusetts_electrical.html - Cached - Similar
#
Licensed Electrician Tewksbury MA, Electrical Services MA ...
We have been the name that home owners and businesses on the North Shore of Massachusetts have depended on for complete electrical service, installation and ...
www.yourelectricsource.com/ - Cached - Similar
#
Boston MA Electricians | Electrical Contractors in Boston ...
We specialize in residential and commercial electrical installations. ... Ryan Gath Electric services the North Shore of Massachusetts and Southern New ...
www.electriciansnetworks.com/electricians/MA/Boston/ - Cached
#
Salem Massachusetts Commercial Real Estate, Offices, Commercial ...
Commercial Property, Business Opportunuties, Franchises, Investment Real Estate for Sale in Salem, Essex County and the North Shore of Massachusetts.
www.witchcityhomes.com/commercial.html - Cached - Similar
#
Massachusetts Commercial Utilities - Scan New England Wiki
Attleboro Gas); 18 Northeast Utilities (Western Massachusetts Electric); 19 NStar (Boston Edison) .... 48.0600, 100.0, Ch.12 North Shore T&D ...
www.scannewengland.net/.../Massachusetts_Commercial_Utilities - Cached
#
Electrical Contractors - MA
Peabody, MA. Doroci Electrical Services is a locally owned and operated business serving electrical and wiring needs across the North Shore for Commercial ...
www.hotfrog.com/Products/Electrical.../MA - Cached - Similar
#
B.C. Electric, Inc., Norwell, MA, South Shore, Commercial and ...
Massachusetts based Industrial (conveyor control wiring), Commercial and Residential ... North Carolina Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Puerto Rico ...
www.bc-electric.com/ - Cached - Similar

Status
Not open for further replies.