Lightning round, current projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
I'm just looking for 1 sentence responses here to get a snap-shot of the state of the industry as far as our members are concerned. Please don't stray off topic/political. I also ask the mods to close this in 48hrs so it will be a true snap-shot.

What project/projects are you currently working on?

Thanks all.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I have one new house coming up and I am working on a small office building. I also will start a remo of 4 modular units for a preschool, rewiring a very large old home and will be working on another very large addition and remo. All jobs 20,000-30,000 dollar range.

Of course, service calls, and smaller one room additions and remos. Quite busy right now.

bradleyelectric

Upgrading a service at a 5 tenant strip center, electrical renovations to a motel, mobile kitchen trailers, commercial and residential service calls. Also busy and have been since the beginning of summer.

hurk27

Installing parking lot lights for some apartments, wiring an office/apartment combo for some srotage units, repairing some street lights, and finnishing installing the reversing motor starter and controls for the mixer mention in an earlier post, and keeping up with service calls. Not much:mad:

ceb58

Kinda slow. Just completed a storage/training building for a fire dept., service change and picked up a job T&M tonight to go in behind a handy man rip out his crap and redo plus add some cans.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
office addition

new gas station

fast food joint remodel

casual dining joint remodel

service calls

more fast food joint new construction coming up in a few weeks that just broke ground

stevenje

Dead in the water. Two small trim-outs. A few service calls. It looks like a cold long winter. Boss headed to Hawaii. I'm headed to the unemployment line.

ericsherman37

Installing a new pressure transducer and associated level instrumentation at a city reservoir, and converting the old float system to a backup high/low alarm setup. And cleaning up a bunch of crappy wiring that the last guy who went out there did. And getting ready to do some upgrades at their water plant.

And miscellaneous service work fills most of the gaps.

JES2727

80 kw generator install for a commercial client.
14 kw generator install for a small commercial place.
2 residential generator installs coming up.

Resolving some lighting issues at 3 shopping centers in the area, before the weather turns.

Have a small remodel now, then a basement to do , a applebees remodel next, a office space to wire, waiting on the go ahead for a (8) unit condos out of the ground to go, then off traveling doing other remodel work.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
We're one of the largest shops around and we're buried right now, thankfully. We do A LOT of ag work and everything else in between. Plus all the other little jobs/service calls that trickle in.

Our biggest job right now is a new school.

mtfallsmikey

From the other side of the fence...

From the other side of the fence...

I'm actually trying to burn some $$ before the end of the year. Trying to spread the good cheer evenly w/EC's, HVAC, construction folks.

Jlarson

Installing a new pressure transducer and associated level instrumentation at a city reservoir, and converting the old float system to a backup high/low alarm setup. And cleaning up a bunch of crappy wiring that the last guy who went out there did. And getting ready to do some upgrades at their water plant.

I'm up to the same sort of stuff right now. Plus a few other small and medium utility projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.