Osha 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

wireguy8169

Never taken this before, have heard of it but not taken it. I have seen a few contractors ask for this when they advertise for electricians or the will offer to pay for them to get it. Is this mandatory for certain jobs or customers?

Thanks

cadpoint

Yes it is a near standard now here in NC (with larger firms), I've felt it hold me back personally , I know of it, haven't taken it, it is a real descriminator!

I'd take it, if offered!!! Safety First...

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
I took both OSHA 10 and OSHA 30. I believe the numbers are hours spent in class. Our local lost everyone's paperwork, OSHA gave out new paperwork on the local's word for 10 (required to work in certain areas) but not for 30 :mad:

Lot's of stuff on scaffolds and ladders. I don't remember either series to be all that bad.

WorkSafe

Yes, OSHA accepts online training as long as the class content meets the requirements. I am a OSHA General Industry Outreach Trainer and I can tell you it's better to take these classes in a classroom environment. You will learn more listening to an actual instructor and the discussions in class.

wireguy8169

Yes, OSHA accepts online training as long as the class content meets the requirements. I am a OSHA General Industry Outreach Trainer and I can tell you it's better to take these classes in a classroom environment. You will learn more listening to an actual instructor and the discussions in class.

Thank You, if I have the time I would rather take it in a class room setting

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I took OSHA 10 online. Should have been called OSHA 12 since it took longer than 10 hours. :roll:

OSHA send me a certification card for my wallet.

I took OSHA 10 online. Should have been called OSHA 12 since it took longer than 10 hours. :roll:

OSHA send me a certification card for my wallet.

Lol,me too! I'm trying to get the state of New Jersey(Board of Electrical Examiners) to accept my OSHA 10 online course as C.E.U. credits. I called them in the beginning of the year. They said they don't accept any online courses for CEU, but then I thought to myself -wait a minute, the Dept. of Labor- a division of the U.S. Gov't accepts this online course and the State of NJ is saying it doesn't? Do me a favor -if you can use the credits drop them a phone call- I'll be making my case as well.

Jljohnson

I believe OSHA 10 will be required as part of the new license pre-requisites in colorado for any apprentice registering with the state board after Jan. 1, 2011. I have taken it and thought it was a worthy investment of my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.