PowerFlex 700 initial set-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric7379

Droid keyboards are pia.

I was beginning to wonder if you had been drinking when you typed your first response! :)

To the OP: You (or your company) bought and installed this drive without knowing anything about it first? That's a real smart move.

As ptonsparky asked, why did you replace the soft starter? Not that it matters to your question about the Powerflex programming, just a curiosity.

Can't really help you too much as far as the 700 goes. In the Powerflex family of drives, I have only worked with Powerflex 4's and 40's. But, again, as ptonsparky noted, by going through the basic setup, you should at least be able to get the motor to turn.

StephenSDH

I would be glad to help if you have a more specific question.

It is just marching though parameter by parameter. You will need to deside if you are going to us V/hz, Sensorless Vector, or Vector control. It is best to execute the drives tuning routine with the motor disattached from the load. I would love to come up to alaska and help.:)

It's not my decision what the engineer specs out. Our old soft start was probably 35 years old and couldn't get parts. I am mostly curious about ramp up time, how time till full speed? I am not sure why they even got vfd because this pump is either off or on. Thank for the help.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
How long did it take the softstart to hit full rpm? Use that for the ramp time. I don't know how your pump is loaded. Is it against a constant pressure, does it vary or none at all?

Coast to stop will work. That is an expensive high end drive to just start/stop a motor. Lost of shit you won't use.

My company installed a VFD which replaced a soft-start, it controls a 480 VAC, 250 HP positive displacement pump. We will need to set up the program, can someone tell whats involved with that?

One thing to remember, the positive displacement pump will be a constant torque load. If you are used to variable torque loads, such as fans, pumps and agitators - 95+% of the applications - this will have a completely different set of parameters that are important.

Status
Not open for further replies.