work orders

Status
Not open for further replies.

westelectric

How do you guys track time and material on long term jobs? Say any job longer than a month. Do you give your men a different work order everyday or the same one. Do you require them to put all material used for the day and list what they did for the day also? Curious to see how others do it.

rodneee

How do you guys track time and material on long term jobs? Say any job longer than a month. Do you give your men a different work order everyday or the same one. Do you require them to put all material used for the day and list what they did for the day also? Curious to see how others do it.

we send the crews out in empty trucks and have the material delivered every day on a specific invoice...then a short "scope of work list" is written each day..we have not had many jobs like this but it seemed to work on the few we had...

blingbling4r

Longterm T&M

Longterm T&M

I collect a T&M sheet daily from the crew listing what material they installed (also goes towards historical tracking). At the end of the week I tabulate them all together and send to the customer broken out for each day. The customer that we have done this for allowed for weekly billings which made it nice so we didn't have long lapses between doing the work and getting paid.

On T&M projects in my experience you have to compensate for all the extra paperwork and overhead for doing the job.

we have daily reports for each crew with a description of work for the day that gets saved in a folder for all of our jobs. The jobs we get that are t&m we send to the client via email at the end of every day a T&M progression log. the material is purchased by a forman with a po number relevant to the contract number or proposal number and when we send the invoice to the client each month they get the orginal signed proposal or purchanse order, the daily back up with description of work and the lupmed material number after mark up and over head.

Status
Not open for further replies.