Opinions Please, Chandelier Positioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

sameguy

Occupation
Master Elec./JW retired
Kwired, funny you should bring that up. I had that happen, did not pay and moved to a new dentest. New guy has me sign a form stating the pay idea and I added a line that if I wait over 30min. he owed me 3x his rate. He thought it was funny and signed it(his form). I then told him I wasn't kidding and would bill him; never have waited more than 30min. more like 20min.

danickstr

I would go there and fix it for free. If its truly not square, it needs to be fixed.

This is the world of resi finnicky-ness.

If you don't play that game, the ladies will not want to use you again. And you have to smile about it, or you will "make them feel awkward". And you lose again. Pretend its your sister and its her birthday, and you want to make it right at any inconvenience, and you will have a good customer.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
I thought he would always be a blue collar guy because he wears a tool belt. :D

The other day I was installing a track light in an apartment, and it brought back memories of the track I had hung in a home previously. The HO was as DIY-GC on his little project of changing his garage over to a bedroom. He wanted a track light installed to light up a wall, and told us it was going to be a 12' track, that he wanted centered on the wall.

He didn't know what track he was going to buy, so by default we stubbed out for an end feed. He went on to buy an 8' track that had a canopy that could cover any 4" of the track.

We had only allotted a few hours to trim out this little room, because there was nothing to it. Of course, he was off-site when the trim was completed. When he discovered that his 8' track didn't light up his 13' wall evenly, his short-man syndrome went off the charts and he insisted that we screwed up and should move the fixture and cover the costs of repairing the drywall, and that we were holding up the carpet guy, and now he'd have to take more time off work to let us back in, and as a result of our unholy negligence his children would be born naked, etc...

There was no reasoning with him.

Jmelic did all right with me if the customer was happy in the end. You win some, you lose some, and he has the vision to see what his price should be on the next one - that's about all we can do.

As a post script to my story, we had no end of satisfaction in firing the short man in months to come - there are as many insurance agents out there as there are electricians, as it turns out. :D

220/221

You ever been to a doctors office where you wait for three hours past your appointment time to be seen, yet if you do not show up for your appointment at all they bill you a minimum charge:mad:

I wouldn't do either of these things. :cool:

1. 20 minutes and I am out of there.

2. I call and cancel if I can't make it because I KNOW how much that screws things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.