sealing a cored hole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.E.S.

hello all
I have a situation in need of a solution.
I need to run a 1/2 conduit through a 4" cored hole in a concrete wall, (10" width) the exterior side of the hole sits 2" above a flat roof and the other side is an interior space so it needs to be water tight. I considered grouting it, but was wondering if there is a specific product out there or a common technique to solve this

right now the hole is covered by roofing material

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
We've used this type of product with great success in the past:

pipeseal_diagram.jpg

http://www.flexicraft.com/PipeSeals/

Here's a product you might try..its called an RS seal and works perfect for that application. The company is Roxtec. If you need assistance, let me know and I'd be happy to get you in touch with somebody.

299-1.jpg

roxtec2.jpg

millelec

the link Rob put up earlier is also what we use at our powerplant. we have underground piping vaults and those are used on all pipe penetrations.

ohmhead

I might think about making a smaller hole for the conduit and leave the big chase alone.

Good one and it will save lots of dollars then purchasing one of those sealing bolt plugs drill 1 inch hole and stuff it with Hilti sealant silcone CP 604 fire rated stuff wet damp water sealer and when it drys its like rubber so it expands under ground or above .

L.E.S.

thanks for the answers guys, liked the adapters, but I ended up drilling a small hole, and it simplified the whole job in the process too

Status
Not open for further replies.