nec for GFCI electricl cord palcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

raider1

Staff member
Welcome to the forum.:)

Could you maybe clarify your question? I am having a hard time understanding your question.

Chris

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I think the question has to do with those few cases in which the NEC requires an extension cord to have built-in GFCI protection. The question is looking for a maximum distance along the cord itself between the plug and the GFCI device. My book is not handy, so I can't look up the answer. But I will echo the "welcome to the forum."

raider1

Staff member
I think the question has to do with those few cases in which the NEC requires an extension cord to have built-in GFCI protection. The question is looking for a maximum distance along the cord itself between the plug and the GFCI device. My book is not handy, so I can't look up the answer. But I will echo the "welcome to the forum."

Thanks Charlie,

422.51 requires the GFCI protection integral to the attachment plug or be located within 12" of the attachment plug for vending machines.

525.23 Allows the GFCI protection for circus, fairs and carnivals to be an integral part of the attachment cord or located within 12" of the attachment plug.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.