Grounding

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEO

The oldest code that I have is 1937 and it is referenced in section 2601 B. To Water Pipes. 480 Sparky will have older code books to reference.

Invicta

Thanks for the info, Am having issues with home inspectors in the area. Just want to have good information to help educate them. Thanks again.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Thanks for the info, Am having issues with home inspectors in the area. Just want to have good information to help educate them. Thanks again.

Would you care to elaborate?

Roger

jxofaltrds

Inspector Mike®
Occupation
ESI, PI, RBO

What is their concern? Safety or code? Are we talking bonding or grounding?

Home Inspectors serve a good purpose. They walk a fine line between looking for safety issues (being a Generalist as they claim) and citing code (being an Expert which they claim that they are not).

I do not hate HIs, I do HI's, but here is where they get some of their expert advice:
http://www.nachi.org/forum/f19/

Last edited by a moderator:

hurk27

Does anyone know when grounding to the water pipe was adopted into the NEC. What year.

Just because it might have been required in the NEC at a certain time in the past, it doesn't mean it was adopted as law in that area, remember grandfather laws will depend upon when a code was adopted as law, the NEC is just a model code and means nothing until it is. most reference libraries for your area will have the history of when laws was adopted, some can be referenced on line but that is rare..

Invicta

Thanks for everyones answers. I do realize that code has to be adopted ,from time to time one wishes knowledge to enhance frame of reference no matter how mundane or old. As we all know if one has been in this industry for 25-30 yrs that you can't know it all and its good for the thought seeker.
Remember it never hurts to ask questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.