Jobsite Kerosene Heaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
Does anyone remember the old kerosene heaters once used on jobsites? They had about a 5 gallon tank at the bottom, with a 5 or 6 foot stovepipe up to a flared cover. Drop a piece of burning paper in it to light the kero and it put out a lot of heat. Last time I saw 1 was at a Christmas tree lot several years ago. Man said he got it from some supplier in Michigan who had to verify it was for agricultural use, they were not allowed for other uses. I'd love to get one to use in the yard sometimes, when working on projects.

Anyone seen them lately?

hurk27

Coleman makes one that is all chrome or SS that is for outdoor heating, I would never use a fuel oil heating in a house if drywall has been installed since it will leave an oil film on the drywall and makes it hard for the painters.

around here its all Propane jet or mushroom heaters for job sites.

jmellc

Occupation
I agree, for jobsites now, I would use the blower type. The chimney type I just want to use out in the yard on chilly days, working on projects, etc. I loved those heaters & hope to find one.

jmellc

Occupation
Yes, I thought of that and have Googled salamanders. But now, it mostly brings up the forced air kero heaters we most commonly see around. I'm checking Craigslist & Ebay also. I saw something similar but smaller on some website. It was called a brooder heater, used to heat chicken houses. About half the size of the salamander.

Status
Not open for further replies.