Do I need a ground conductor in EMT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dana1028

Precisely.

Furthermore, on a large job, how could an EI even remotely enforce the multitude of specs? That would take some serious investigation that I doubt he even has time for.

Because on large jobs many municipalities have what is known as a Combination Inspector - an inspector that does have knowledge of multiple diciplines [building, electrical, plumbing, etc.].

Yes - it does take a lot of time - some municipalities require a full time dedicated inspector be on large projects...with his own trailer/office on the job site. That way the inspector does have the time to review the plans in their entirety as needed and as the various inspections are called for - in this manner the inspector has knowledge of all aspects of the construction and how all the components fit.

This said inspector will often call upon other municipal inspectors with greater knowledge with various components of the construction project [steel, concrete, shear assemblies are typical].

I have been on such types of large construction projects where we had two [or more] full time inspectors on the job at all times, working as a team - each of us were Combination inspectors qualified to inspect all disciplines, yet each of us had specific strengths within those disciplines. If we had a question or concern about a specific item we would radio a fellow inspector and in a few minutes he would be over to assist.

We worked together and with the various superintendents to keep the job moving along, on schedule and per plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.