Gfic

Status
Not open for further replies.

guschash

Would a GFIC be required for heater that keep pizzas warm in a pizza restaurants. Reading from the new 2011 handbook Articie 210.8(B)(2) I am thinking it does, but its not by water it up front. But reading the commentary to section (B)(2) I think it might.

gus

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Would a GFIC be required for heater that keep pizzas warm in a pizza restaurants. Reading from the new 2011 handbook Articie 210.8(B)(2) I am thinking it does, but its not by water it up front. But reading the commentary to section (B)(2) I think it might.

gus

That section only requires gfci for 125v single phase 15 or 20 amp receptacles installed in a kitchen.

So yes if this heater plugs in to a 120V outlet then it must be gfci

guschash

Dennis, let ask you this,the heaters (2) pull 21 amps and are continues. There is #10 thhn ran to them. Can I just use single 30 amp breaker.

gus

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Dennis, let ask you this,the heaters (2) pull 21 amps and are continues. There is #10 thhn ran to them. Can I just use single 30 amp breaker.

gus

30 amps ---then no gfci is required. And yes a sp breaker 30 amp can be used if the heaters are 120V. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.