Pool Bonding

Status
Not open for further replies.

eds

I have a upcoming pool projects and would like to make sure my bonding confirms to the 08 code. Walls and floor of the pool are a sprayed on concrete, rebar is set and tied together, using a listed clamp a piece of #8 copper is clamped to rebar and brought to the deck area. All forming shells will have a #8 from lug to individual listed clamps on the rebar in the walls of the pool. Pool deck will be a concrete pour, stubbed out piece of #8 lands on one piece of rebar in the deck, all rebar is tied together with tie wire. At various locations bonding jumpers will be brought to handrail clamps, diving board bolts, ladder, and basket ball clamps, additionaly one piece of # 8 will be taken to the pool equipment room for equipment bonding. Will I also need to encircle the pool perimeter with a #8 clamped in 4 places, since the pool deck contains rebar?

mcclary's electrical

I have a upcoming pool projects and would like to make sure my bonding confirms to the 08 code. Walls and floor of the pool are a sprayed on concrete, rebar is set and tied together, using a listed clamp a piece of #8 copper is clamped to rebar and brought to the deck area. All forming shells will have a #8 from lug to individual listed clamps on the rebar in the walls of the pool. Pool deck will be a concrete pour, stubbed out piece of #8 lands on one piece of rebar in the deck, all rebar is tied together with tie wire. At various locations bonding jumpers will be brought to handrail clamps, diving board bolts, ladder, and basket ball clamps, additionaly one piece of # 8 will be taken to the pool equipment room for equipment bonding. Will I also need to encircle the pool perimeter with a #8 clamped in 4 places, since the pool deck contains rebar?

Make sure the number 8 is solid not stranded

Cavie

the #8 circle is only used on sand based paver decks. The rebare or wire mesh reiforcing is used in concrete decks.

Status
Not open for further replies.