Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Have to post to see the time...
Actually I still don't see the time of my prior post until I'm on the reply page. Just viewing the thread, all I see is something like "1 Minute Ago".

....or edit my post :D

Last edited:

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Not as imminently important... but I also would prefer more vivid, not-so-pastel colors...

...also less-white space. IIRC, the former forum had a very light blue cast background. It don't have to be a blue cast, but something not so white (Well, I'd prefer not a shade of gray either ;))

Smart $

Esteemed Member
BTW, the time of day is showing correctly for me... and my setting is "Automatically detect DST settings".

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Hey!!! Now I'm seeing Date and Time when viewing threads :cool:

They are working on the system as we post. My hat goes off to you web guys. You have had a lot a junk to deal with these last few weeks.
http://www.neshaminytaxpayers.com/HatsOff.jpg

You see we can know insert video-- How about audio? :grin: I can record my replies and won't have to type anymore. :)

webmaster

Administrator
Staff member
Occupation
System Admin
They are working on the system as we post. My hat goes off to you web guys. You have had a lot a junk to deal with these last few weeks.
http://www.neshaminytaxpayers.com/HatsOff.jpg

You see we can know insert video-- How about audio? :grin: I can record my replies and won't have to type anymore. :)

If you can post it to one of the sites below I guess you could :)

Hulu
YouTube
Vimeo
Dailymotion
Metacafe
Google
facebook

hurk27

I like the fact in settings I can change the amount of post per page, I set mine at 40 and even though there are over 100 post in this thread its still only 3 pages long, no more loosing post on the next page YEA!!!!! maybe allowing up to 100 post per page would be even better, I used 500 per page in one forum I was admin for, it was great. the only thing is if you have a slow connection or server speed it will take longer to load the page, so a selection is still needed for those who have slow connections, but with some of us who have high speed connections and fast computers it would be nice to option out of pages or have a high limit of post per page, maybe even up to 500 post per page limit option.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
I like the fact in settings I can change the amount of post per page, I set mine at 40 and even though there are over 100 post in this thread its still only 3 pages long, no more loosing post on the next page YEA!!!!! ...
The previous version had the posts-per-page option... and I had mine set at 40. :-?

tkb

Yes, this seems to be working but I dislike the format. I find it hard to read and it lacks the clarity of the old format. I'm sure that I will get used to it at some point.

Maybe I am getting old, but I agree. :grin:
The pages are too dense with text.

Maybe if the font was larger for the titles of the posts, it would be easier to read.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Can you only edit your last post? I only see the edit icon when I have replied or posted new? I didn't see the icon in the other format either.

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
Well I'm sure I'll get used do it. Skimming this thread I noticed how many different ways to use the old forum, guess I'll learn the tricks to this one after its been changed. Just like a new celphone.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
One of the things that bother me before was having to scroll back to the top to get to the new post button-- or use go to the bottom and hit the "Top" button.

I never thought about it but Bob gave me the idea of making a bookmark on my browser bar that goes directly to "Todays Post". This way I don't have to scroll up just click at the top of the browser and I am where I want to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.