Free Online ICC Codes- Enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiopet

Hey Guys (and Mods),

I was not sure where to post this link but figured some would find it nice to have. For those who deal in the ICC Codes you can access them online for free. I happen to use them on my Droid phone as well since it is browser based.

http://publicecodes.citation.com/icod/index.htm

If links are not allow.....feel free to remove it but it is a helpful FREE link....;)

Hendrix

Hey Guys (and Mods),

I was not sure where to post this link but figured some would find it nice to have. For those who deal in the ICC Codes you can access them online for free. I happen to use them on my Droid phone as well since it is browser based.

http://publicecodes.citation.com/icod/index.htm

If links are not allow.....feel free to remove it but it is a helpful FREE link....;)
Thank you. All of the inspectors in my office thank you.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
It looks to me like the ICC's official site for viewing the ICC Codes. I believe I have a similar link for the NEC in the FAQs, IIRC. There's nothing wrong with that, there's obviously no copyright issue. The thread remains open.

I am sure Stolz Police will remove it soon
He who lives in a glass house should not throw stones.

Edit to add:
I have seen them close drop links but never have seen them removed.
I think Paul was good enough to give us the three sentences required (here), so it's okay. He is riding the line of violating this one, however.

Last edited:

renosteinke

"Know the code" is a basic of our trade, as is the corollary that you need to know more than JUST the NEC.

I appreciate the link. After all, how often do we see threads asking about exit lighting requirements, alarm placement, etc? These issues are addressed by the ICC codes.

The "copyright" issue is a separate one, one that IMO the courts have nicely handled. If it's law, there's no copyright. Period. Let the NFPA howl all it wants; they need to get the Supreme Court to reverse itself. They're swimming upstream.

There are other sites that post such things as the "Alaska Electrical Code," which is nothing more than the NEC with a different title page. Ditto for other jurisdictions and other codes.

From a forum standpoint, it would be nice if I could include a direct code quote as easily as I can post a picture. Not every code site will allow a simple 'copy & paste.'

I'd also like to see EVERY UL, ANSI, ASTM, ASME, (ad nauseum) standard similarly (and freely) available for examination and quoting. I consider such an ability a requirement for open discussion, and essential for a free society to function.

radiopet

It looks to me like the ICC's official site for viewing the ICC Codes. I believe I have a similar link for the NEC in the FAQs, IIRC. There's nothing wrong with that, there's obviously no copyright issue. The thread remains open.

He who lives in a glass house should not throw stones.

Edit to add:

I think Paul was good enough to give us the three sentences required (here), so it's okay. He is riding the line of violating this one, however.
Oh yes....major violation here.....major !
I insulted police officers nationwide on this one.::)

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
If you don't have anything better to add to the thread Paul just stay out of it.

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.