MCC Bucket replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeshesh

Good day everyone - hope all are having a good weekend.

I'm working on a small project replacing a pump and adding a backup (sizes TBD by mechanical engineer but about 30-40HP or so). The existing pump is fed from a westinghouse five star MCC. I'm not very familiar with that unit and was wondering about the right approach. Is it a good idea to find a westinghouse bucket from a warehouse? I measured the regular size bucket space to be around 12"H x 15.5"W. I'm wondering if the spaces can be field modified to fit a circuit breaker or if there's a circuit breaker that will fit that space. All advice is much appreciated.

zog

When you have all the details let me know, I should have a solution. Will need all of the nameplate data off the MCC bucket.

nez

Cutler Hammer makes buckets for the Westinghouse 5 star mcc. I have bought several. They will make them to your specs. Just find a cutler hammer vendor.If you look on their website you can get some part numbers. I believe it is their vintage electric dept.

Good day everyone - hope all are having a good weekend.

I'm working on a small project replacing a pump and adding a backup (sizes TBD by mechanical engineer but about 30-40HP or so). The existing pump is fed from a westinghouse five star MCC. I'm not very familiar with that unit and was wondering about the right approach. Is it a good idea to find a westinghouse bucket from a warehouse? I measured the regular size bucket space to be around 12"H x 15.5"W. I'm wondering if the spaces can be field modified to fit a circuit breaker or if there's a circuit breaker that will fit that space. All advice is much appreciated.

All advices suggested so far would work. Be mindful that whoever supplies it to have the bucket UL listed. Your best bet would be of course with Eaton.

kingpb

Occupation
Engineer, Registered
Old Westinghouse Replacement = Eaton Cutler Hammer today

Seeing how they bought Westinghouse MCC line when old "Circle bar W" went in the toilet due to the other financial crisis of the early 90's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.