multiple Services into One tenant

Status
Not open for further replies.

averyh68

I am currently designing a tenant in a strip center in which the client has taken over the adjacent space. Each space was served with its on 200A service fro the main elecrtic room. In Fairfax County Virgina, they will not allow you to have two services serving a single tenant and require you to combine the (2) 200a services into one 400A service. does anyone know if Laurel, Maryland requires yo to combine the services?

Strife

That would be a POCO thing. Here in S FLA FPL wants ONE METER FOR ONE ADRESS.
They would bend that rule for commercial spaces by allowing 2 different addresses for same space. For instance they'd allow 2901 and 2901A to install two different meters.
i don't believe it's a NEC requirement.

I am currently designing a tenant in a strip center in which the client has taken over the adjacent space. Each space was served with its on 200A service fro the main elecrtic room. In Fairfax County Virgina, they will not allow you to have two services serving a single tenant and require you to combine the (2) 200a services into one 400A service. does anyone know if Laurel, Maryland requires yo to combine the services?

ceb58

Under 230.2 you cannot have more than one service to a single structure unless you meet the requriments of 230.2 (A) through (D)
It sounds like you situation is the building has one service but is split between the tenants. Then it becomes a poco issue as if they will allow two meters for one tenant

They would bend that rule for commercial spaces by allowing 2 different addresses for same space. For instance they'd allow 2901 and 2901A to install two different meters.
That is something only the poco can answer
And welcome to the fourm

necnotevenclose

If the POCO would allow you to use multiple services to feed a single tenant, would you also need the inspectors approval on the branch level?

Status
Not open for further replies.