diversibit

Status
Not open for further replies.

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
I finally broke down and bought a new diversibit, 9/16 auger, broke it on the first hole. So I used an old 3/4 all day and had no problems.

I think the old one was Greenlee, the new one was Ideal. Should I trade it for a new one or just get my money back?

M4gery

I have a Greenlee DeversaBit that I bought at Home Depot about 3 years ago while they still sold Greenlee. I bought the 9/16" model, I like it a lot because it's only 4' long and has a thinner shaft so it can be bent easier. The bigger augers are 5' or 6' long, sometimes that's just too much, and their shafts are very thick and harder to bend where you need it.

I have had a LOT of good luck with this bit, it's still sharp and in good shape. I also have a 3/4" 5' long model, but I just don't use it as much. THAT is the one that found itself coming out the side of a customer's house, they got a free motion detector light for that one :D

Sparky555

I think the best bits are narrow and short like 3/8" X 4' like an alarm guy will use. I didn't have any luck with larger bits.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I have always used the smaller ones and I can see how the larger ones would be a problem. Mine is a Greenlee and I think mine is 1/2" Plenty big for one cable and small enough to hopefully avoid other wires. For remo work the bit is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.