E-cono LED Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceb58

New E-cono lighting book came in today. They were advertising there retro fit LED for 6" can lights. You remove the old trim ring and lamp. An adapter screws into the socket and you plug in the adapter and insert the LED with trim. Looks good and so far it looks as if the price is coming down. $60.00 ea for less than 24. But what has me wondering is they go to length stating their Patten pending fin system for heat dissipation. If these things create that much heat how can they be so energy efficient?

peter d

If these things create that much heat how can they be so energy efficient?

I don't think it's that they create a lot of heat. I think the issue is that the heat they produce must be kept under control, hence the large amount of heat sinking on LED products.

kwired

Electron manager
Just like your computer processor does not create a great amount of heat the heat that is produced must be removed away from the highly heat sensitive components or they will be destroyed. It is still far much less heat than will be produced by an incandescant making a similar amout of light output.

Buck Parrish

The Led len's I've seen have a sealed lens. By that I mean sort of like a shower lens.
And halos with a shower lens only get a 40 watt incadesent bulb. Something to do with heat because of the lens.

tx2step

Ambient temp ratings?

Ambient temp ratings?

I've looked at their catalog & their rated life to L-70 seems to be at ambient temperatures that aren't very useful. Most of their floods are life rated at 15C, which is only 59F. How long will they last in Texas in the summer? The wall pack was L-70 life rated at 25C...only 77F. I didn't see an ambient temp rating for the recessed can retrofit kits, but ambient temps in the attic in the summer will be way over 100F. How long will they last?

sparky76

I know that we love to hate on Big Orange- but I've found some cool dimmable LED trim/lamps there. Cant remember the brand offhand, but I installed 110 of them in a clients home. These were $50/unit and although they were an offshore brand, they used the CREE driver technology.

guitarchris

I know that we love to hate on Big Orange- but I've found some cool dimmable LED trim/lamps there. Cant remember the brand offhand, but I installed 110 of them in a clients home. These were $50/unit and although they were an offshore brand, they used the CREE driver technology.

Was is their "commercial Electric" brand, the ones with 3 lights on each trim? Those and Halo are all I can find on the web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.