Abb acs310

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you recommend ABB's newest ACS310 drive for a pumping application? Also has anybody used a Vacon X-Series drive? I was told that Vacon is a small company founded by ex-ABB engineers. Who is the Vacon rep in the USA?

Thanks in advance.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Vacon is a Finnish company that was founded by ex-ABB engineers. But the X series drives come from a product line they bought in the US from TB Woods. So the X line drives are the old TB Woods E-Trac drives, they are very good, very rugged, very reliable even if they are a little long in the tooth as a drive line goes now. Other Vacon drives from the Finnish group were sold here in the US for a long time as the Cutler Hammer SVX9000 series, until the exclusivity clause expired a few years ago.

The ACS-310 is decent entry level drive for ABB, should work fine for pump applications. I like ABB's programming interface, I think its one of the easiest to program.

Ive used them both, either would be fine in my opinion. Sorry, that probably doesn't help.

Vacon is a Finnish company that was founded by ex-ABB engineers. But the X series drives come from a product line they bought in the US from TB Woods. So the X line drives are the old TB Woods E-Trac drives, they are very good, very rugged, very reliable even if they are a little long in the tooth as a drive line goes now. Other Vacon drives from the Finnish group were sold here in the US for a long time as the Cutler Hammer SVX9000 series, until the exclusivity clause expired a few years ago.

The ACS-310 is decent entry level drive for ABB, should work fine for pump applications. I like ABB's programming interface, I think its one of the easiest to program.

Ive used them both, either would be fine in my opinion. Sorry, that probably doesn't help.

Thank you so very much for the detailed post.

Status
Not open for further replies.