FLUKE VR1710 Power Quality Recorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky76

I have a client of a client that has been having problems with Crestron equipment going out. He wanted to a power quality test, because my cursory troubleshooting has found nothing wrong at the residence.

Was wondering if anyone on the forum might have experience w/ the Fluke VR 1710 for single phase power quality recording. Looks like we'll be renting one. I'm trying to find out all I can about the events preceeding the equipment failures.

Since I've never used it any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

R

jdsmith

I have a client of a client that has been having problems with Crestron equipment going out. He wanted to a power quality test, because my cursory troubleshooting has found nothing wrong at the residence.

Was wondering if anyone on the forum might have experience w/ the Fluke VR 1710 for single phase power quality recording. Looks like we'll be renting one. I'm trying to find out all I can about the events preceeding the equipment failures.

R

I don't ave any experience with the Fluke VR 1710 in particular. I have a Fluke 43B single phase power quality analyzer that I have connected to a problem site, left it to record, and come back a few days later with some very nice waveform captures.

The best tip I have is to setup the equipment to record, capture, etc. and come back to it fairly soon to make sure it's still working - this is the best way to catch a configuration error. We have found certain laptops that shut off the COM port when the screensaver turns on, as well as auto power off features on Fluke equipment that shut the equipment off because the AC adapter wasn't plugged in firmly.

wptski

R
I have a VR1710. It's a voltage recorder only. It will measure L-N and N-G voltage. It will detect transients. You set the parameters for max/min L-N limits and it show that point with the recorded volatge with a time stamp. The interval setting you select will govern the max time it'll run before the memory is filled.

It just plugs into a standard receptacle but comes a special pigtail attached that accepts different included adapters. You could easily make your own adapter with clips if you want to connect to mains instead.

wptski

Too late to edit! One important note about the software, it'll run under XP but if your using W7, you'll need to install the free XP Mode which doesn't work with all W7 versions. In fact, I just got a new PC and made sure that the OS could run the XP Mode, so I got the Pro 64-bit version.

Status
Not open for further replies.