Meter to panel feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

laketime

I am looking at bidding a log home and I am thinking the panel will be located in the basement while the meter will be on the exterior of the house or on a pedestal at the front of the property. What are the approved methods for wiring from the meter to the panel? What about breaker requirements at the meter and the panel? What about the limitations of using SER cable inside the house?

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
I am looking at bidding a log home and I am thinking the panel will be located in the basement while the meter will be on the exterior of the house or on a pedestal at the front of the property. What are the approved methods for wiring from the meter to the panel? ?

Any of the conductor listed in 310.13(A) that are suitable for the enviornment.. most common would be THWN, XHHW or RHW
What about breaker requirements at the meter and the panel? ?

Most important requirement I can think of would be 230.70 or 225.32
What about the limitations of using SER cable inside the house?

Those listed in Art 338. As far as the main service or feeder you will need to check with the AHJ to see how they feel about 338.10(B)(4) / 334.

laketime

Any of the conductor listed in 310.13(A) that are suitable for the enviornment.. most common would be THWN, XHHW or RHW

Most important requirement I can think of would be 230.70 or 225.32

Those listed in Art 338. As far as the main service or feeder you will need to check with the AHJ to see how they feel about 338.10(B)(4) / 334.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.