1882-1940 Editions of the NEC Download

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

Good thing I got all mine for free. [FONT=&quot]
flute.gif

Maybe I should sell them my 1897 and 1915 PDFs.
[/FONT]

Last edited:

iwire

Staff member
$25 each for a pdf down load????????????

There are truly out of their minds. I firmly believe whoever is in charge making these kinds of decisions has lost all touch with reality.

What a bunch of youngsters. I was writting in Fortran and Cobalt and using punch cards.

I've heard that Bob used to use a pencil and paper. Now that's old.

Clay and sharpened sticks here.

7-8000 years for CD's with polymer substrate? I don't care what they say about biodegradibility, but I think the clay tablets beat CD's by a long shot.

The only thing speaks for software though that whatever new recording media they invent it just can be re-recorded and the old software file translated into the new form.

Last edited:

Strife

Right idea, wrong price.
Everyone needs money nowadays, but good luck finding suckers, (cough), I mean customers, at that price.
I'd love to peruse through the old codes, but at that price? NO THANK YOU.
Now, the whole thing (1882-1940) for 69.99.... you might have some buyers.
Don't mean to burst your bubble, but hey $ 1000.00 times 0 EQUALS 0.
On the other hand 69.99 times few thousands buyers, you get something.
Anyone who'll buy this will buy it for the history sake, not to get it one by one.

In case you are interested, the NFPA is now offering the 1882 through 1940 editions of the NEC to download in pdf format for $25.75 each ($23.75 - member).

Go here for details:

http://www.nfpa.org/catalog/product.asp?pid=NBFU70ARCHIV&order_src=B484

cschmid

you guys have have really progressed we are still heating wooden objects in the fire and drawing on the cave walls. So who really needs that stuff? unless you are a historian then it might be worth the cash other wise its back to the bonfire...

bphgravity

Say you are wrting an article or researching the history of grounding in the NEC and want to read the code language when ground rods first became permitted electrodes. So, you go to ebay and find the typcial selling price for a 1918 NEC goes for around $600.00. Plus, the cover is torn, there's pages missing, and writing all over it. Now what? $25.00 doesn't sound so bad now.

Or, say the old man that has been running your electric company forever finally retires. You find out he is 74 years old and you want to get him a nice gift. So you download the 1937 NEC (year he was born) and print it out on some nice parchment paper. You then take the document to Staples or Office Depot and have them bind the pages into a book for about $10. Makes a nice gift...

By the way, they also have many of the early editions of other standards such as the NFPA 780 (78) for lightning protection and the NFPA 13 for Fire Sprinkler Systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.