Removing 2/0 15KV feeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJ Conner

Could be more.

Could be more.

Is there a rule for the time it takes to remove feeders? Like 50%-75% of what the install time takes etc?

I would use the same as it takes to put them in.
However if their undergound it could be more if the conduit has silted up. If they were originally pulled with lubricant that sets up it will be more. If it was installed usint bentonite clay as lubricant and it been baked for 10 or 20 years it could be very interesting. :cool:

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
I would use the same as it takes to put them in.
However if their undergound it could be more if the conduit has silted up. If they were originally pulled with lubricant that sets up it will be more. If it was installed usint bentonite clay as lubricant and it been baked for 10 or 20 years it could be very interesting. :cool:

Thanks for that valuable insight. They are underground in RGS.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
For large wire in underground raceways I use at least double the install labor for removal and I will always caution the customer that it may not be possible to remove the cable.

BJ Conner

Good Call

Good Call

For large wire in underground raceways I use at least double the install labor for removal and I will always caution the customer that it may not be possible to remove the cable.

That is a good call. You never know when you may have to include the rent for a D-8

mkgrady

Why would you need a bulldowzer to remove feeders only. No conduit!!!

You wouldn't. I think it was an example of what definetly has enough oomph. An example of what may not would be a pickup truck. Everything in between is a maybe depending on how heavy the cable is and how much friction will be encountered in the conduit and any sheaves used.

Status
Not open for further replies.