Mobilization

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
What exactly is mobilization in the field. I undestand it to be gathering the crew and material and going to areas of work. I always see that the GC asks for a separate price(which I don't price up) for mobilization. Just curious how somone could possibly quantify that?

Thanks.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
The minute you have a contract and start working on submittals, writing PO's, contacting your insurance and or bonding company, driving to the job site, ordering storage units, etc.... you have mobilized and you are do payment for that, the amount should be a line item on your Schedule of Values .

Roger

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
The minute you have a contract and start working on submittals, writing PO's, contacting your insurance and or bonding company, driving to the job site, ordering storage units, etc.... you have mobilized and you are do payment for that, the amount should be a line item on your Schedule of Values .

Roger
Yes, I was told the PM's do bill for that. I was just unaware that all you listed was mobilzation. Interesting. Thanks. Based on what you listed it still seems hard to quantify. THanks very much.

mkgrady

Without a mobilization line item to invoice you are operating the job at a loss until your other line items catch you up. That can take a while on a long project. Get as much as you can for mobilization and use their money to get you started.

satcom

What exactly is mobilization in the field. I undestand it to be gathering the crew and material and going to areas of work. I always see that the GC asks for a separate price(which I don't price up) for mobilization. Just curious how somone could possibly quantify that?

Thanks.

A good example may be on a large project you have a trailer load of rigid conduit delivered and the supplier delivers the conduit on the trailer, and it is up to you to unload and get all the conduit to a staging area on the project site, this is mobilization, and if you fail to include this, it can cost you plenty.

satcom

Bringing my trailer to your site = mobilzation.

It sure does, if you are staging material for the project from that trailer load, many times a supplier will deliver material or equipment to a site, and your men will have to unload, and stage it.

zog

It sure does, if you are staging material for the project from that trailer load, many times a supplier will deliver material or equipment to a site, and your men will have to unload, and stage it.

Yep, I need to pull it with a semi truck and diesel and drivers are expensive.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
A good example may be on a large project you have a trailer load of rigid conduit delivered and the supplier delivers the conduit on the trailer, and it is up to you to unload and get all the conduit to a staging area on the project site, this is mobilization, and if you fail to include this, it can cost you plenty.

That's is good information

Status
Not open for further replies.