Directional Boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike01

When utilizing directional boring, is it possible to pull multiple conduits with one bore? For example multiple 2"C's at one time?

BJ Conner

With prior planning and preperation. yes

With prior planning and preperation. yes

When utilizing directional boring, is it possible to pull multiple conduits with one bore? For example multiple 2"C's at one time?

It's hard to put spacers on group of conduit going into a bore and expect them to stay in the right place and not jam up. It may work if the bore is through rock and the hole winds up like the inside of a pipe. If dirt starts falling in( just a little ) your spacers will bulldoze it along and there may be enough to push the spacers back.

You can use innerduct and pull one 4, 5 or 6" conduit with 3 2" innerducts inside. ( I cna find my catalog but 3 -2" may go into a 4"). You have to have room to make up the inner and outer duct joints if your using RNM conduit.
Pulling rigid PVC is risky.
Pulling HDPE is less risky. Poly is very hard to pull into. They make innerduct systems with more than one innerduct. IT looks good but I have never used it. It's used on communications and data systems.
If you going to use RNM I would go with steel pipe.

These guys make bore spacers that will haul a rack of conduit throug a steel or poly pipe. http://www.udevices.com/bore1.htm
We use bore spacers to take about 12 4" RNM conduits under an 8 lane freeway. The sleeve was a 24 pipe. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.