Poll of what NEC your on

Learn the NEC with Mike Holt now!

Poll of what NEC your on

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RICK NAPIER

In NJ it is complicated. 2008 new work and additions. 2005 for repairs, alterations, renovations and reconstruction. All terms defined in our state codes.

lefty

We are all over the place in Oklahoma

We are all over the place in Oklahoma

Oklahoma passed legislation to go to one code, the locals refuse to update. The state found out that by law the local ahj can do what they want as far as updating their code in their Local AHJ.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
WA is on the 2005 with state ammendments. Seattle is also on 2005, with its own ammendments. Other cities have their own versions as well.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Oklahoma passed legislation to go to one code, the locals refuse to update. The state found out that by law the local ahj can do what they want as far as updating their code in their Local AHJ.

Here in CA we cannot adopt a code until the state has adopted it. Once the state "publishes" it, then we have six months from that date to adopt it as a jurisdiction.

lefty

Thanks!

Thanks!

I appreciate all who have participated and hope you would encourage others to do as well, I know we have several towns in Oklahoma that are on the 2002 code. I sure hope they decide to vote!

Rockyd

Occupation
Retired after 40 years as an electrician.
In Alaska, we are in 2008. Went to NEC CEU class this past Saturday (2011). First one given this year (sat with inspectors state and local, "code guru's" from around the state...). We are not scheduled to move to 2011 code till this fall at the earliest.

jzadroga

I didn't know if there were many jurisdictions that had adopted it yet, I was more interested in how many jurisdictions were holding back on adopting the newer code cycles.

Can you add it? I would like to see how many are using it compared to not

Status
Not open for further replies.