Free Standing Car Wash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexie123

I work for a large Electrical Contractor in a big city. I'll try to make this a short non drawn out situation.

I'm wiring a free standing car wash in the basement of a high rise building. The actual car wash isn't very big. It fits in a room probably 12' by 30' and has brushes and washers that have 3 motors on the top that control the rotating arms. Also on the metal structure of the wash there is a control panel. All the wiring for this is staightforward.

Ok the question is the large metal structure required to a ground wire to building steel? Just wondering because the unit has electrical components does it require a bond wire to keep it at the same potential?

Thanks

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
I work for a large Electrical Contractor in a big city. I'll try to make this a short non drawn out situation.

I'm wiring a free standing car wash in the basement of a high rise building. The actual car wash isn't very big. It fits in a room probably 12' by 30' and has brushes and washers that have 3 motors on the top that control the rotating arms. Also on the metal structure of the wash there is a control panel. All the wiring for this is staightforward.

Ok the question is the large metal structure required to a ground wire to building steel? Just wondering because the unit has electrical components does it require a bond wire to keep it at the same potential?

Thanks
The feed from the main service should have a building steal ground.

pete m.

Thanks

IMHO, I don't think that a bond to the building steel is necessary (and if one were made I dont believe that it would be a violation of any code). I think that the EGC ran with the feeder would be sufficient.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.