Interesting but unusual in ground pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinZip

Hello Folks,

I have a question for any SQ D techs if any are on this forum.

We have a residential service existing 400 amp single phase 120/240 Volt and will be adding service to this panel for pool equipment, 6 motors ? total 18 HP and small lighting load for 10 LED lights.

Plan is to supply 100 amp feeder to pool sub panel for 5 motors an lighting load, total calculated load for this = 78.8 Amp - an run separate 50 Amp service for the added 7 ? HP motor for swim feature

This is a SQ D MDP panel NQODY an my question is does any one know if this 400 Amp main is rated for 100% - I thought I would ask here today an maybe a phone call to SQ D on Monday.

Thanks in Advance

WinZip

WinZip

Well I would have to say the home is about 6000 SQ feet an from what I saw were 5 AC units and an existing pool that will remain and they do have gas equipment so that does help somewhat.

mivey

No option to feed the pool area from an outside disconnect ahead of the existing panel?

WinZip

No MIvey, I don't think that would fly and an upgrade to the service to 600-800 Amp would be a night mare with clearances an such , not much room to work with Inside or outside.

mivey

No MIvey, I don't think that would fly and an upgrade to the service to 600-800 Amp would be a night mare with clearances an such , not much room to work with Inside or outside.
Then you are back to Iwire's question and the calculation of the continuous loads. If the calcs show the continuous loads to be above 320 amps, you have to face the nightmare. As long as you get paid, do what you have to do.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Plan is to supply 100 amp feeder to pool sub panel for 5 motors an lighting load, total calculated load for this = 78.8 Amp - an run separate 50 Amp service for the added 7 ? HP motor for swim feature.
Is this equipment in the house, or at a second building or structure? If at a second building or structure, there would be a violation of 225.30.

Status
Not open for further replies.