50% up front, 30% after rough, 20% after trim

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdslotz

Some jobs the rough lasts more than a month. In that situation we bill based on AIA. Some tenant space work fixtures and or gear are supplied by tenant. We will install them. My guarantee only covers material supplied by us and workmanship.

I did say "misc" materials. I don't care if the owner furnishes fixtures/gear, however, my markup structure will be as if I had furnished these items.
It becomes an all labor job if I don't, and that is risky.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
50 % up front is too much. You might think you need it as security beause you are afraid of not getting paid but I think it's wrong.

Here in California if you contract directly with a Homeowner you can only charge 10% or no more than $1,000.00 . You cannot charge for special order materials unless they have been deliverd to the site. You can only charge for work actually performed. PERIOD!

However if you work for a General contractor or it is commercial you really can charge what you want and he/she will bear.

If it is public works there are rules there also.

satcom

50 % up front is too much. You might think you need it as security beause you are afraid of not getting paid but I think it's wrong.

Here in California if you contract directly with a Homeowner you can only charge 10% or no more than $1,000.00 . You cannot charge for special order materials unless they have been deliverd to the site. You can only charge for work actually performed. PERIOD!

However if you work for a General contractor or it is commercial you really can charge what you want and he/she will bear.

If it is public works there are rules there also.

They say the contractor can ask for a larger down payment if he has additional bonding limits, but id you carry the min bonding then you can not exceed the 10% or 1000 limit

Status
Not open for further replies.