Light over kitchen sink

Status
Not open for further replies.

guschash

Do you think there would be too much of a current draw from the dishwasher or disposable, if I hooked the light above the kitchen sink to one these circuits. I don't want the light dimming while one of these are on.

gus

Npstewart

I think both of those items have to be on their own dedicated circuit because they are fixed in place appliances using over 50% of the circuits capacity.

That being said, if I was doing it I would put the light on the dishwasher circuit because I think the light would dim when the disposal turned on due to the small amount of torque in the beginning.

On the other hand however, the dishwasher is probably used a lot more than the disposal...

raider1

Staff member
Do you think there would be too much of a current draw from the dishwasher or disposable, if I hooked the light above the kitchen sink to one these circuits. I don't want the light dimming while one of these are on.

gus

Very common in my area to put the light over the kitchen sink on either of these circuits. Provided that 210.23(A)(2) is met then there is no issue.

Chris

hurk27

To lessen the load and at the same time stop the dimming of the light, a trick I use is use a fixture that will accept a CFL, they tend to have a wider voltage range before a noticeable dimming is observed.

Status
Not open for further replies.