One building with multiple generators

Status
Not open for further replies.

elec_eng

I have a building that already have (2) standby generators for optional loads. One generator is 60kw, 120/208v 3p 4w, diesel for telecom equipment and the other one is 150kw, 120/208v 3p 4w diesel for data equipment(small data center) for the building. The building has 2000a 277/480v 3p 4w service. Now the owner wants to add the third generator for some building loads. But this one will be 277/480v generator sine the loads we are supposed to back up are 277/480v.

My question is this code compliance? Can you have mupltiple generators with different voltages in a single building? I feel somthing is not quite right but can't pin point the code section.

ceb58

Not a lot of difference than a building with two services of different voltages. 1 service 120/208v or 120/240v and 1 service 480v

dbuckley

Can't see any issues as long as the load for each genset is calculated properly so that each ATS install is legal.

In terms of multiple voltages, you already have that becauise you must have transformers in the mix as the service is 480V and thre are 120V loads.

Status
Not open for further replies.