Pricing a Kitchen

Status
Not open for further replies.

jm1470

Hi Im pricing a kitchen and just want an idea of what you guys would charge. Two 20 amp small appliance circuits, circuit for a dishwasher, circuit for a microwave, circuit for refrigator, and gas oven. 2 gfci outlets, 2 tr outlets. 3 undercabinet lights, one light over sink and one light in cabinet. All lights are provided by customer. Use existing lighting circuit and install 2 switches

Buck Parrish

Is it a renovation? Are the walls open? Are thier existing 20 amp SA circuits that you will be extending, or moving? How far away is the panel? Is thier a crawl space, attic? How far is the job from your shop?

Last edited:

jm1470

Is it a renovation? Are the walls open? Are thier existing 20 amp SA circuits that you will be extending, or moving? How far away is the panel? Is thier a crawl space, attic? How far is the job from your shop?

its a renovation, the walls are not open but can make holes as necessary, there were no existing 20 amp circuits, the panel is 60 ft away and there is a finish basement with a drop ceiling. The job is 40 minutes from my shop

sameguy

Occupation
Master Elec./JW retired
I like Bucks' $2200 due to the drop ceiling would be less if open; not plaster is it?
If so go even higher!
On the other end did you change the service? Like where are the new HRs going to go?

satcom

I just looked at 2009 kitchen jobs that had min remod work and they averaged $2k on the low to $3k on the med price not including any service or loadcenter changes

GUNNING

how much?

how much?

I just had an "interior designer" call and ask how much to put in 4 to 6 can lights.

No details of the job just a price.

Mythical kitchen, imaginary can lights, no details, doesn't know what size or style or height or trim or into what they go. Just a price.

I thought about telling her the estimate is $14 each, depending on conditions price may vary.

Oh, wire too? hmmm AND switches, lamps, trims, labor, permit, trip fee, administration fee for notices, with overhead?

jaylectricity

Occupation
licensed journeyman electrician
My old boss told me never to do a kitchen for less than $2000.

I have never done a kitchen where I felt comfortable charging $2000 for it. Closest I've come is about $1500, because of there being 4 recessed lights.

satcom

I would be around $3200.00.

That price may be low for the larger monster homes or small kitchens with custom or recess lighting
Kitchens are tricky they appear small and to a customers thinking they can't be very expensive to rewire, when in fact they are usually where most of electrical rewire time is hidden many of the guys doing rewires for 2000 are part time guys looking for beer money

Last edited:

growler

Hi Im pricing a kitchen and just want an idea of what you guys would charge. Two 20 amp small appliance circuits, circuit for a dishwasher, circuit for a microwave, circuit for refrigator, and gas oven. 2 gfci outlets, 2 tr outlets. 3 undercabinet lights, one light over sink and one light in cabinet. All lights are provided by customer. Use existing lighting circuit and install 2 switches

If there is space in the panel for the extra circuits and you figure it at a one day rough in where only one trip is needed and they will write you a check for say half at the end of the day without having to chase anyone down.

Somewhere around the $2k mentioned should be about right.

Make sure you get a signed contract that states exactly what is included for the price quoted with the option to charge for additional work. Where you can lose money is if you get there and the job starts to change and they want to do a whole new lay out and you don't get it roughed in and have to make an extra trip or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.