How do you calculate arc flash calories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I would get the boss at my new company to spend $5000 on the software package that I would need, in order to perform power systems analyses. After that, it is a simple "plug & chug." ;)

iceworm

Curmudgeon still using printed IEEE Color Books
Occupation
EE (Field - as little design as possible)
I would get the boss at my new company to spend $5000 on the software package that I would need, in order to perform power systems analyses. After that, it is a simple "plug & chug." ;)
charlie b has a good point. I have ETAP available to me. And it works great for anything past simple - but I am slow cause I don't use it often.

I still think it is important to understand the science. That is the only way you can tell if the computer is lying or the data entry got fat fingered.

And I have been asked a few times for a calculation on a single panel - simple stuff. I can spend a day setting up ETAP. or I can do a 70E calc with my trusty HP42 - in about 30 minutes.

ice

It's always interesting when I can listen in and ocassionally particapate - but I have to go back to work.

Whoa -- Look at that. Senior member. Boy I sure feel smarter now that I have 100 posts as opposed to 99 :);):roll:

Later

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.