2011 NEC Errata

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkb

I just downloaded the 2011 NECH from the NFPA yesterday and it looks like it has been revised to include the Errata.

I can't figure out the following statement.

A first printing is indicated by the numeral 1as the last digit in the line of number appearing at the bottom of the first page.

Page1NECH2011.jpg

Is it the 3 at the end of the electronic product number?

Last edited:

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Keep in mind if you have a violation due to an errata, and you don't know about the change, you could be on the hook.
At least thats what our AHJs had stated back in the 05 cycle. Sometimes there are some important erratas...and some are just typos

bullheimer

tom baker your name is killing me on this website because the last house i wired was for Baker Construction out of anacortes. his first name? You got it. (too).

he is a great guy and a great customer too. will be doing even more work for him soon.

thanks very much for this jumper, i got it printed and inserted into my handy dandy Handbook.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
They didn't catch the fact that the printing of the code missed section 690.62. It was added in the ROP, not changed at the ROC, and not removed by floor action or action of the Standards Council.

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
Is it the 3 at the end of the electronic product number?
Nope. It's the number three lines below that.

The last number is removed each time a new re-printing is prepared. The number removed is the number of the previous printing.

So, in the example you post, above, with the last number being "1", indicates a first printing.

Status
Not open for further replies.