Purchasing License to work in state

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fordean

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I spoke to a couple of people. Marketing companies are Purchasing license numbers to do electric in State of NJ. The owner has minimal involvement. Most likely Rubber stamp signings. I lost a great deal of business to these Marketing companies. I spoke to someone who actually sold to one of the companies.

Cavie

I spoke to a couple of people. Marketing companies are Purchasing license numbers to do electric in State of NJ. The owner has minimal involvement. Most likely Rubber stamp signings. I lost a great deal of business to these Marketing companies. I spoke to someone who actually sold to one of the companies.

There is no real Selling of the license. Leasing would be a better term althou not a legal one. The license holder is responcible in the end no matter how it is done. You can be an officer of the corperation or just an employee "Quailifier". Officer involves more hands on watch and responcibility and can mean much more $$$$$. As an employee "quailifier' much of the responcibility is off you but it means less money. Depends on just how involved you want to be.

Electric-Light

Isn't it like driving with a license borrowed from someone who looks very similar to you when you can't get a license/you're suspended, etc?

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
An HVAC contractor freind of mine basically did this with his license, and almost lost it when the contractor doing the work did a shoddy job, and the customer took him to the license board. He no longer does this!

Fordean

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Purchasing License.

Purchasing License.

ok? elaborate more please.

In speaking with parties. I was informed. They were approached. And Sold their license for a Fee and these Companies now perform the work under the license. And basically Rubber stamp permits. I lost many of work to these Marketing companies now opening electircal companies Plumbing etc. They are purchasing all licenses. For all trades. This is direct from a seller of one of those licenses. Is this legal, I know somehow it may have a loophole. They are in fact doing it in MANY STATES, PLEASE Take this seriously and remove these individuals. Check it out. Some of the Large ads in phone book that have all the licenses are the main ones. All of a sudden they came up out of the blue and had over 1 million dollars in advertising costs. This happened extremely fast.

Last edited:

Cavie

In speaking with parties. I was informed. They were approached. And Sold their license for a Fee and these Companies now perform the work under the license. And basically Rubber stamp permits. I lost many of work to these Marketing companies now opening electircal companies Plumbing etc. They are purchasing all licenses. For all trades. This is direct from a seller of one of those licenses. Is this legal, I know somehow it may have a loophole. They are in fact doing it in MANY STATES, PLEASE Take this seriously and remove these individuals. Check it out. Some of the Large ads in phone book that have all the licenses are the main ones. All of a sudden they came up out of the blue and had over 1 million dollars in advertising costs. This happened extremely fast.

I got cought in that scam back in 1985 when i first started but got out in two weeks after I found out what was going on. They wern't buying in that scam, just using the license # any paying a fee. Same thing. The license holder is responcible. It cannot be sold. Period.
It is not like a licqour license.

Status
Not open for further replies.