Patient care area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
If it's physical therapy then I would say yes, if it's just a massage parlor I would say no.

The reason I would say yes, is that my dr uses heat pads and massagers. Remember Patient Care Area is any portion of a health care facility wherein patients are intended to be examined or treated.

bphgravity

Considering that many of these businessess use electro-mechanical devices on a person, a good arguements could be made for requireing A517 compliance.

HCF:

Patient bed - check
Electromechanical devices used on patient - check
Patients half naked - check
Patients have limited control - check

Massage Parlor:

Client bed - check
Electromechanical devices used on client - check
Clients half naked - check
Clients have limited control - check

Sounds like a HCF facility to me...

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Sounds like a HCF facility to me...
A "treatment" is not "medical," if it is not provided by a medically trained person. Masseurs and masseuses do not receive medical training. The notion of "let me do this, and you will feel better" is not enough to make something "medical." Absent that connection, a massage facility doesn't meet the 517 defintion of a HCF.

Hendrix

A "treatment" is not "medical," if it is not provided by a medically trained person. Masseurs and masseuses do not receive medical training. The notion of "let me do this, and you will feel better" is not enough to make something "medical." Absent that connection, a massage facility doesn't meet the 517 defintion of a HCF.

IMHO I agree completely.:cool:

raider1

Staff member

I agree as well.

A massage parlor is not a health care facility any more than a tattoo studio is.

Chris

squaredan

If it's physical therapy then I would say yes, if it's just a massage parlor I would say no.

The reason I would say yes, is that my dr uses heat pads and massagers. Remember Patient Care Area is any portion of a health care facility wherein patients are intended to be examined or treated.

I agree.. Massage parlor has clients not patients

stevebea

Quoting a job to wire 3 rooms for doing messages, is this considered patient care area. multi use building.

It probably dosen't have any real bearing to this thread but there is such a thing as "medical massage" which can be prescribed by a doctor but then again I believe there are only two states wherein you need to be licensed to administer medical massage.

Status
Not open for further replies.