so what the heck are thes black pieces of corrugated pipe for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

massfd

Great, first they are using drain pipe now it's duct tape.

Does anyone use products as the manufacturer intended

I have no Idea what they are doing

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
OK did some zooming around, and I think I see what is being installed, in the third photo down, if you zoom to the stack of water pipes just past the building on the right, I think that is what is being put in the ground, the gas main is clearly up by the road, and is also marked with yellow paint strips, and the yellow flags there have writing on them, the flag by the split rail fence doesn't as nether does the one by the drive next door, but the locates and these pipe does go down the street.

The pipe seems to be what the electric lines are being put in. I don't know if it is water pipe or electric pipe, but that is what they are putting in the ground at the other end of the street. The water pipes are already there, have been for many years.

A few years ago a Comed lineman told me that for some reason Comed is having a fair amount of trouble with underground cables in this area. More so than in other areas. I wonder if that is why they are putting in the plastic conduit rather than just buried cable.

BJ Conner

Corrigated pipe

Corrigated pipe

I took a closer look at the piles of plastic pipe this morning. It is 6" schedule 40 PVC conduit according to the printing on the pipe.

I don't think that corrigated pipe is part of the electrical system.
Corrigated pipe is used to access valves becasue it's flexable. Run over it with a truck and it compressed well. IF you have rigid pipe the weight of the truck may damage the gas pipe ( especially if it's poly pipe.)

hurk27

I don't think that corrugated pipe is part of the electrical system.
Corrugated pipe is used to access valves because it's flexible. Run over it with a truck and it compressed well. IF you have rigid pipe the weight of the truck may damage the gas pipe ( especially if it's poly pipe.)

He wasn't talking about the black corrugated pipe sticking out of the ground, he was responding to my post 15 of the stack of pipe you can see in photo 3 at the end of the building in the photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.