feeder circuit estimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank_inks

helo guyz

i just want to ask for opinions about wiring a feeder circuit from the main electrical room to the buildings...uhmm on what type of conduit, conduit fill, method of embedding conduits underground through a manhole, and also on how to compute its voltage drop, with all possible factors to be considered...thanks in advance for ur ideas..

John120/240

Conduit: Rigid, EMT, PVC ? Overhead or underground ? distance ? size of

your new service ? How's the digging ? soil or rock? Too many variables for a

cut & dryed answer.

tryinghard

helo guyz

i just want to ask for opinions about wiring a feeder circuit from the main electrical room to the buildings...uhmm on what type of conduit, conduit fill, method of embedding conduits underground through a manhole, and also on how to compute its voltage drop, with all possible factors to be considered...thanks in advance for ur ideas..
Use Artilcle 220 (load calc), Article 225 (feeder), Article 250 (grounding & bonding), Table 300.5 (conduit application), Chapter 9 Table 4 (conduit area), Chapter 9 Table 5 (conductor area), Chapter 8 Table 8 (conductor circ mils), 3 phase voltage drop = sq rt 3xKxIxD/CM or 1 phase voltage drop = 2xKxIxD/CM for starters. :)

kwired

Electron manager
Such a vague question needs a pretty vague answer.

You will find it between the front cover and back cover of the NEC, probably, I think.

cadpoint

Use Artilcle 220 (load calc), Article 225 (feeder), Article 250 (grounding & bonding), Table 300.5 (conduit application), Chapter 9 Table 4 (conduit area), Chapter 9 Table 5 (conductor area), Chapter 8 Table 8 (conductor circ mils), 3 phase voltage drop = sq rt 3xKxIxD/CM or 1 phase voltage drop = 2xKxIxD/CM for starters. :)

Wow... Try'n that is some answer!!!

Are you "use"ing that as a noun or a verb? :) You pull that from your history books?

The one thing that our Code doesn't cover is physical aspests of the act of drilling the manhole with a hole saw, I think... but it does address sealing it, + other etc.! :roll:

Last edited:

tryinghard

I suppose my answers are action (so verb), their not sarcasm though the questions really can be answered from the code book but there's no way around studying relevant chapters; all of which can be located from the “Contents” except the voltage drop. The broadness of the questions causes broad answers - the alternative is one portion at a time like what’s the load and how did you determine it?

Status
Not open for further replies.