Another service drop question

Status
Not open for further replies.

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
Are service drop conductors supposed to be wrapped together or is separate allowed . . . ?
IMGP4343_edited-1.jpg

There's always 230.10. Service conductors are not allowed to be supported by vegetation.

That said, I note the compression splices in the insulated conductors. (I can't see whether the neutral has one because it appears to be grown into the tree.) In my area, it is a rare electrician that applies those splices. I suspect that your PoCo's line worker installed those splices right beside the attachment to the tree. Maybe your PoCo just doesn't care to enforce 230.10 for their own wiring.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
IMGP4343_edited-1.jpg

There's always 230.10. Service conductors are not allowed to be supported by vegetation.

That said, I note the compression splices in the insulated conductors. (I can't see whether the neutral has one because it appears to be grown into the tree.) In my area, it is a rare electrician that applies those splices. I suspect that your PoCo's line worker installed those splices right beside the attachment to the tree. Maybe your PoCo just doesn't care to enforce 230.10 for their own wiring.

PoCo's aren't under the NEC so 230.10 means nothing to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.