Microwave Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrancisDoody

A microwave listed the input power at 1000 watts/output power at 1800 watts. What is considered input power? The power that energizes the magnetron.
Thanks

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
A microwave listed the input power at 1000 watts/output power at 1800 watts. What is considered input power? The power that energizes the magnetron.
Thanks

I have no idea but I found this

Power Rating: The maximum amount of continuous input power (in watts) a power divider or power combiner can safely handle without permanent performance degradation. For a power divider, max input power is dependent on the VSWR and phase of loads connected to the outputs. For a power combiner, max input power is dependent on the properties of the input signals and the magnitude of any combining loss they suffer. Ultimately, power rating is directly related to the power handling capability of the isolation resistors, as it is through these resistors that most power is dissipated.

I also found this

The power output is a product of the power supply, not the magnetron.

mikeames

Occupation
Teacher - Master Electrician - 2017 NEC
Good point, I know watts are watts but can RF power be measured differently???? I know watts are watts. Does peak VS RMS have any thing to do with it..... I know watts are watts.

What gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.