Please identify the 2C cable on the left

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1280

The 20 amp breaker on the left is feeding a floating dock. The cable connecting is marked as Triangle TWC Inc Bracket cable 600V, but the rest is unreadable. This cable is direct buried down to junction box at the seawall. Can this cable be direct buried? (Main issues are no grounding conductor or GFCI protection)

110509cable1.jpg

110509cable2.jpg

xformer

Occupation
Master Electrician
Unless is is listed for direct burial, I would say no. It should also be printed on the cable jacket.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I think the company name is Triangle PWC not triangle TWC. Looks like they are from West Va. They are wire/cable manufacturers like southwire.

Not sure they are still in business as I read an article from a connecticut paper about back taxes etc

Then I found this under a link for Triangle PWC so not sure where to go from here.
TRIANGLE WIRE & CABLE INC.
1701 WHEELING AVE. GLEN DALE , WV 26038

renosteinke

TWC ... "T" is thermosetting type plastic jacket, "W" is water resistant, "C" is cable. In short, it's a 2-wire cable comparable in use to SJTW cable. It's not rated for direct burial.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
After the cable mystery is solved I think the lock nut issue needs to be addressed.;)

Roger

mivey

After the cable mystery is solved I think the lock nut issue needs to be addressed.;)

Roger
How interesting that they went to the trouble of locating the lock nut so it could be found for some unknown future use.:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.