UPS Disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDK

I have looked in the 2008 NEC for the requirements for disconnecting means for a UPS system but can't seem to find a good section for reference. The only section that comes to mind is 645.11.

A contractor asked me if he installs a panel with a main breaker in it is he allowed to mount this panel anywhere outside the room that contains the UPS. Is there a maximum distance?

Can a UPS system be classified as a seperately derived system and if so do you now follow the requirements for disconnects for a seperately derived system?

ceb58

I have looked in the 2008 NEC for the requirements for disconnecting means for a UPS system but can't seem to find a good section for reference. The only section that comes to mind is 645.11.

A contractor asked me if he installs a panel with a main breaker in it is he allowed to mount this panel anywhere outside the room that contains the UPS. Is there a maximum distance?

Can a UPS system be classified as a seperately derived system and if so do you now follow the requirements for disconnects for a seperately derived system?

The type UPS we use and install the mfg. instructions state where to put the disconnects. The main input comes from main panel to UPS switch. From switch to UPS input. Ups output to another disconnect to switch. Then from switch to UPS protected loads which is a sub panel. As long as the disconnect for the input and output are located with the switch you can put the panel where you want.
I don't see where a UPS would be a SDS

Status
Not open for further replies.