Managing Atachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkb

Under the Managing Attachments of a reply or new post, is there a way to delete attachments that were previously attached?

Also is there a way to attach an Excel spreadsheet?
It does not seem to be an option under the Manage Attachment option.

jumper

Under the Managing Attachments of a reply or new post, is there a way to delete attachments that were previously attached?

Use the setting option at top right: when it opens, a tool bar will be at the left, attachment options are at the bottom, open it and delete the ones you you do not want.

Also is there a way to attach an Excel spreadsheet?
It does not seem to be an option under the Manage Attachment option.

It can be done, ask Ken/480Sparky.

tkb

Use the setting option at top right: when it opens, a tool bar will be at the left, attachment options are at the bottom, open it and delete the ones you you do not want.

I don't see what you mean.

ManageAttachments.jpg

tkb

I went to the wrong place.
In setting, I don't see how to delete the files.

ManageAttachments2.jpg

jumper

I went to the wrong place.
In setting, I don't see how to delete the files.

ManageAttachments2.jpg

On my screen when I pull this up I have a little check box at the end of the top attachment, like the ones in PMs and subscribed threads.

If I check it, I can go to the bottom and I have a delete button opposite the " show thumbnails". If I hit, it the attachment will delete and the check box will move down to the next one.

The problem is that that you have to delete in order.

I added this glitch to George's "improve forum requests" thread.

I noticed that the check box and delete button are missing in your picture.

What is your OS and what version? Browser?

Electric-Light

Win XP and Firefox. I never got it to work at all. I couldn't upload anything without getting errors, so I end up using third party image hosting.

cadpoint

Wait, what is everyone looking at, attachments from personal posts or attachments that where downloaded or viewed?

I don't have anything attached? ...

Could one have two differents history's per IP address ?

Last edited:

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Wait, what is everyone looking at, attachments from personal posts or attachments that where downloaded or viewed?

I don't have anything attached? ...

Could one have two differents history's per IP address ?

If you upload images from your computer then they are attached. If they are are in a post and you delete the image then I suspect the image will not be in the post anymore-- not sure about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.