Lcl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ropeadope

If a lighting load on for more 3 hrs, is considered LCL, Why wouldn't a commercial coffee maker, with a heating element, rated at 29A 22V, be rated LCL ? :confused:

Ropeadope

? Don't know. Mine at home isn't, but I figured the wattage rating is low. but a commercial unit, with a rating of 29A 220V should be ?

I'll have to check one out. It was someone else's calculation, that was confusing me. he derating to 80%. I thought, if anything, you would increase 125%, or at a minimum 100%. ?

iwire

Staff member
From Article 100

Continuous Load. A load where the maximum current is
expected to continue for 3 hours or more.

Any commercial coffeemaker I have worked with are thermostatically controlled and have cycles, this means the maximum load is not maintained for 3 hours.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
From Article 100

Any commercial coffeemaker I have worked with are thermostatically controlled and have cycles, this means the maximum load is not maintained for 3 hours.

I agree, every warmer would need to be on for 3 hours and it would need to be brewing continuously for the same 3 hours. Not going to happen.

kingpb

Occupation
Engineer, Registered
I don't know about not happening. Try to explain that you have no coffee to long lines of out of work people relying on soup kitchens to feed them that the breaker tripped and there is no coffee.

With the economy the way it is, you might want to plan on continuous load!!!!:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.