Anyone Else Having This Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
The last 2 or 3 days I've been experiencing problems with this site freezing up or timing out. I don't know if it's my internet service or this site. This has happened whenever I change screens, ie: looking up a profile, replying to a thread, editing something in my settings etc. Sometimes it just sits there and gives a blank screen and sometimes it just sits there "thinking" with the little load icon spinning. I have had to close my browser and go back into the site to get it to work.
Anyone else having this problem, or is it on my end?:mad:

hurk27

I have also been experanceing this, and haveing to log in because my password is getting booted, but that part seems to be working again, must be working on George's fix list LOL

Have to blame it on someone:grin:

stevebea

The last 2 or 3 days I've been experiencing problems with this site freezing up or timing out. I don't know if it's my internet service or this site. This has happened whenever I change screens, ie: looking up a profile, replying to a thread, editing something in my settings etc. Sometimes it just sits there and gives a blank screen and sometimes it just sits there "thinking" with the little load icon spinning. I have had to close my browser and go back into the site to get it to work.
Anyone else having this problem, or is it on my end?:mad:

Yea, me too but for some reason it's when I hit the back button. It wont respond and I click the back button again and then it will instantly go back two pages.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
If it's been happening since Thursday, that is significant.

I've been noticing it's been a bit slower than usual for longer than that, but haven't had any failures to load a page. For quite a while, if it seems to be going nowhere for a few seconds, I click the link again and it tends to hurry up on the second try.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
same happened here. very slow to respond and sometimes no response.

did anyone contact the site administrator about the problem? Any of the moderators know what the problem was?

but it is ok now. (for now)

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Webmaster Joe is in the process of providing me an alternate copy of the forum to experiment on, so I can fiddle and fiddle and get input without the risk of me hitting the wrong button and interrupting our daily routine. It's not as easy as it sounds.

Thursday he had a copy ready, but it had one small problem; since I was an "admin" of the test forum and not here, the test forum had a personal problem with me and wouldn't let me log in.

Let's sit tight until that is worked out, I'll announce that it's ready, and we'll see if the problem is still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.