UPS İsolation Transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrics

Hello in schematics of ups in general I see a transformer at the mains side of the device, but as far as I know isolation transformers are at the output side of the ups device. So is there a situation in which we have two transformers ? İf not why I see xformers before the rectifier part in schematics ?Or I know it wrong and it (galvanic isolation xformer) is laready at the input side?

Hello in schematics of ups in general I see a transformer at the mains side of the device, but as far as I know isolation transformers are at the output side of the ups device. So is there a situation in which we have two transformers ? İf not why I see xformers before the rectifier part in schematics ?Or I know it wrong and it (galvanic isolation xformer) is laready at the input side?

There are literally hundreds of possible combinations how you arrange your circuits. There are internal transformers and external ones on input, output and - don't forget - the bypass line.

When dealing with multiple transformers in series and parallel paths, it is possible that through phase-shifting you have a phase differential between your critical load and maintenance or other bypass. You can actually dump the load with the make-before-break mechanical transfer switch when paralleling your UPS with an out-of-phase bypass.

Status
Not open for further replies.