Alaska Journeyman Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be my first visit to this site and am looking forward to exchanging information with fellow electricians throughout the country. I recently received an invitation to work in Alaska for a very short time but was unable to do so because I am not licensed there. Any thoughts or recommendations on if or how I should go about getting licensed in the Great state of Alaska?

meauxdp

Alaska Fitness Card is issued after successfully passing an exam. Testing is done in several locations in Alaska.

Howard Burger

some suggestions

some suggestions

Neil, welcome to the forum. I am assuming that you are interested in a journeyman's license. This link will give you some information on AK electrician's licensing:

http://www.labor.state.ak.us/research/dlo/elecwkr.htm

You can also use the search window on this forum for "alaska test" and you will find at least one person who has gotten an AK journeyman's license from out of state (from a state like WA that is not reciprocal to AK). Perhaps a PM to one of these people will give you more information - I obviously can't recommend you PM anyone specifically without their permission.

Good luck in your endeavors, and again, welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

dconrad

Alaska Test

Alaska Test

Neil
Take the test in anchorage, You can take in a clean code book tabbed and high lighted, no notes in the margins. (they will check your book) no Tom Henerys key word or uglys book. You can bring a calculator but wont need it. Test will run you around the book pretty good. Watch your time! $50.00 to take the test and $200.00 for the Lic. Took it last summer, had my lic a couple hours after I finished

Thanks for the input on Alaska Exam

Thanks for the input on Alaska Exam

I do believe I'll be taking the exam in Anchorage and have a new tabbed code book that's not all written in yet, the highlighter tip is a good one that I wasn't aware of. Thanks to all that took the time to respond, although I'm not familiar with the term PM and would like to know who or what it is. Thanks again, Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.